Friday, July 06, 2012

Amore

I was sitting in my room thinking of a layout I needed to do for Let's Scrap's DT Denise who hosted a challenge for her DT Challenge recently. She required us to use some black, fussy cut and chipboard somewhere on the layout. I remembered a black and white wedding photo of my Italian pen friend that I had intended to scrap long ago. This is it! I sat down one morning and spent several hours for printing the title and started fussy cutting the title and flowers...took me two days to complete the layout {I was somewhat busy with my kids' sports day at school then so yes, I was interrupted}. I submitted my entry just a couple of hours before time ends. I didn't win the draw though but I'm happy I finally scrapped my friend's photo for my own keepsake.

Cristina Piasentin hails from Genova, Italy, a teacher by profession. I love her friendship and we have been exchanging letters since Y2K {if I remember right, lol}. She's really my shoulder to cry on, a good listener, a warm person, easy going and understanding. The best gift she has ever presented me is other than her friendship is a digital camera "for your craft venture" she said and sent through Fed-ex which I received last June within three days air mail service! It was an unexpected gift.
...the sketch I used for this layout...
Materials used: Sweet Nothings Collection (Kaisercraft), Once Upon A Time Spring Collection (Graphic45), Martha Stewart punch, StazOn ink, Kodomo stamp, my trusty printer

...some close up pictures...
I enjoyed fussy-cutting these beautiful flowers!
This is my favorite part - the hearts are punched from MS border punch. Think Martha
will find me creative for cutting out the hearts after punching the border punch :)
I just printed the names above and the title below...and fussy cut of course!

I can hardly wait to "show" Cristina this layout. She made a beautiful bride. Today she is mothering two beautiful young children and despite her hectic job teaching and housework, she still has time to write me letters. Thank you so much Cris!
Time to go scrapping another layout before school starts next week as usual. Aaaaah, I just want to relax on weekend and scrapping keeps me sane! Have good times!
Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Just love this – very creative. Glad you are back from your break. Your layouts rock!
    Wishing you a fabulous weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Asmah!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and all the lovely comments you've left me!! You are more than welcome to "scraplift" my Letting Go layout! I would love to see yours!! Hugs,
    Roulien

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very classy little layout ... I really like your colour choices here.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah