Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Scrap Africa Guest Designer ~ You Are My Shining Star

Hi everyone! Finally we are getting raindrops after three months long of dry spell. The cool temperature and natural breeze are better than the well serving air-conditioner we turn on almost every evening before bed time. I am hoping this cool and cozy atmosphere will boost my creativity juices up even more and be productive this entire month. We'll see {smile}

I am happy to share with you this layout which I designed for Scrap Africa today. It is indeed a great honor for me {thank you from the bottom of my heart}.
Supplies: K Company patterned paper, Basil cardstocks, Tim Holtz distress ink, Tattered Angel Glimmer Screens (Misting Tools), Kaisercraft stamp, Memory ink pad, gesso, modeling paste, watercolor, Washi  tape, eyelets, gems, baubles, letraset, DMC thread and strings

This is the sketch I worked on....
...I did follow the sketch in a way although I am not a big fan of sketch with stars yet I spent a moment making an origami star template to draw my star and stitch it...how's that? {lol}
I have used some modeling paste over a Tattered Angels misting 'compass' stencil to create a lovely dimension which I've never done before so yes, it's a success {yayy}
I did say I stayed true to the sketch so here's some weaving job when my actual plan was to thread in ribbon but changed mind because this is supposed to be a manly layout for my beloved husband and I tried as much as I can to stay away from flowers the most...oh boy, was that tough! 
Hmmm, I just gotta love that star {hihi}. Being an artsy person, I splatter a little paint; erm, can't do without paint and mess although the sketch is very clean but clean doesn't exist in The Encyclopedia of Asmah's Artwork {teeheehee}

Thank you Scrap Africa for giving me the opportunity as Guest Designer for your challenge this fortnight. I am so honored and appreciate your kindness. 

There are so many wonderful designs by Scrap Africa's design team members to inspire you and take up the challenge. Click here to get you to Scrap Africa blog.

May April brings everyone lots of love and happiness. Take care. 

Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the feature Asmah! Well deserved!
    Gorgeous work with so much details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dear sister. You did very well with sketch. Good try without flowers. I know I can't even if it is a manly layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Asmah! You really created a fabulous page, with some amazing and creative details! It was great to get a close up view of the page here, because it really does affirm all those super details! Thanks so much for GD'ing for us at Scrap Africa, I really do appreciate it! x

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah