Sunday, October 25, 2015

Loving Life @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hello everyone! Here's sharing another piece of mixed media scrapbook page made as my dt work for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil today. For this layout, I spent some time folding papers to make some 'hydangreas' flowers if I can say that {smile}
The photo of hydrangeas was taken last week while I did my garden. I did a reverse black and white editing for a change and finally decided to color in the photo lightly with watercolor.
My teammates Tanja and Susanne have something exciting to show at their blogs too so don't forget to take a peak.
Supplies used: Gridlocked ARTplorations stencilArtsy Border Maker STAMPlorations stamp, Memory Makers designed paper, Kaisercraft collectables, Alpha gesso and modeling paste, Tim Holtz distressed ink pad, Versafine black ink pad, watercolor pencils, watercolor paints, wire, twine, gem, rhinestones and seed beads. 
I think you may have read somewhere in my old posts that I'm such a sucker for bricks. I created a scene here by applying modeling paste through the stencil. I colored them brown and highlight with black pencil for dimension. 
Those pink flowers represent hydrangeas. I love teabag fold and making paper flower is one of my favorite things to do during leisure hours {usually I do it while waiting or watching television}. My friend Desire Fourie has the tutorial here.
I enjoyed making the leaves from old book paper.
If you look closely, I sew the twine together and then I sewn it to the designed paper so it stays put {chuckle}.
I am taking my layout to The Scrapbook Store sketch challenge and this is their last one. I totally adore their sketch:
Meanwhile, the October Mixed Media Challenge is still running until the end of the month. Hurry up if you plan to play along. Click here.
Wishing you a great Sunday and enjoy life positively.

Hugs and smiles,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah