Friday, April 01, 2016

Beautiful Moment @ Scrap Africa

{My DT work for Scrap Africa}


Hi! My latest scrapbook page is here designed as part of my dt work for Scrap Africa fortnight challenge. 

This page used mainly paper scraps and just anything beyond my reach in the craft trolley. It's always by my side every time I craft and when the project is completed, the trolley rides away. Nah, I place it back in the room by the corner {smile}.

This page is designed based on this sketch by Denise:

Lovely isn't it? Here are some up-close pictures:
I love bulky layers...the more the merrier is my saying {chuckle}. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft 6 1/2" Blue Bay Paper Pad. 
The metal butterfly is a gift for winning a challenge some two years ago and only now I use it {hoarding perhaps, lol}. Lots of drywall tape and gauze used for texture after adhering paper scraps beneath them. 
I also cut out some old laces and glue down for texture and interest. When all done, I started gesso-ing and applied modeling paste through Kaisercraft Flora Quarter stencil.
Then I added sequins, seed beads, gems, broken brooge {underneath layered photo}, cut out flowers from lace, punched white cardstock to make some blooms and leaves. I used PVA glue to glue down all the elements. They take a longer period to dry and the metals stick so well which I love.
I touch up my page with water colors and when dry, I stamped randomly to highlight certain areas. That'show it's done ~ all from scraps.
The colors chosen are inspired from a inspiration board #8 at FLEUR design Blog:
I also get inspiration from Mixed Media World ~ Vintage challenge:
Earth colors and vintage style are really my cup of coffee in paper creations. What do you guys think?
That's it for today. I am glad you stop by to visit me today and for that I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs and smiles,

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. The layering is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Восхитительная работа! Спасибо за участие в задании блога "Fleur Design"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. i like your layout! so beautiful! Thanks for your inspiration from "Fleur Design"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thanks from "Fleur Design".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the excellent work for the blog Fleur Design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the excellent work from blog Fleur Design!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah