Thursday, June 21, 2012

Altered Bottle

It was my dear friend's birthday on the 4th day of June and I made her a special gift! It didn't take me long to think because I know what she loves so I decorated an empty glass bottle with duplicate postage stamps from my collection that I normally swap with my penfriends. I adorned the bottle with some ribbons, lace and flowers. Finally I applied coating over the postage stamps.

I was inspied to make an altered project from Let's Scrap DT Denise who offered an Altered Project Challenge during [Inter]National Scrapbooking Month previously. Her challenge was to use postage stamps for the altered project. Unfortunately I was too busy myself with my own challenges back then to take part. In the end, I spent some moment and designed this gift for Asnah's birthday.


...and here's the back view...

...the top view...

...close up...

...the birthday lady...

I felt so happy the day I gave Asnah my art project. To see her smile and happiness simply thrills me. I'm so glad she likes my handmade creation.
I am already thinking what to give her next, lol. We both love crafts a lot and can talk about it for hours and often inspire each other. Such a great friend!

Thanks again for visiting me today. Until then, have a great weekend!
Hugs!


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Love everything about it and such a great gift idea. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a bit of creativity on the side.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous that you completed Denise's challenge after the fact! Your dear friend certainly looks happy to receive your lovely creation! Well done, Asmah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Asnah really looks happy there. Say happy belated birthday from me to her when you next see her. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah