Sunday, September 16, 2012

Our Lives are like Storybooks...and Doily Flowers Tutorial

One of the tasks as a Design Team Member for Let's Scrap is to make at least one tutorial which appears every fortnight. Once again it's my turn this week to create something I have never done before that is flowers from doilies. I like to create things with materials that can be found easily around the house or from waste not want not useful items. I was on my way to the kitchen when I saw some doilies sitting in the paper tray and the creative button in my brain suddenly function! That's it; I was going to make flowers and quickly grab the doilies and work on it.
 
Here's my example layout to showcase the doily flower:
 
This layout used the left side of this sketch:
 
Materials used: So Sophie cardstock, Tim Holtz distress ink, Kaisercraft stamps and ink, Memory ink pad, Ginger's House digi sentiment, Tattered Angel glimmer mist, MS punch, Petaloo flower charm, acid free drawing block, doilies and others from my stash
 
...some close-ups...
I find the quote interesting and used it for the title
 
My only son Muhammad 'Arif and second daughter Nur Anis Farhana
 
 
Let's Scrap Administrator Debby told me it looks like store bought. What do you think? 

Next is my example 3D card where I've adhered the doily flower:
 
This card is made based on this sketch:
 
Materials used: Copic, Tim Holtz distress ink, Ginger's House digi quote, Pattern Pack Spring Morning papers, others from my stash
 

 
3D card flatten and ready for mailing
  
Doily Flowers Tutorial
 
Step 4 and 5: Trim about 1cm along all the folded edges to ruffle them up later.
 
Step 11 is optional. Either you mist with glimmer mist or you can distress it with distress ink or up to your imagination. You can adorn the center with anything you desire. I applied digi image and flower charms from Petaloo in the center.
 
You won't read any further because I'm stopping here...sorry for the lengthy post =) I hope my layout and card gives you some inspirations and find my tutorial useful. I would love so much to see your doily flowers in your creations {give me your creation link if you do! Thanks}.
 
As always, it's a delight to have your visit today and thank you for leaving me comment and do visit again for another tutorial coming soon.
...Hugs and smiles...


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments. love the layout and card and those doily flowers. Thank you, too, for the link to those sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Asmah,

    I came here via Lili and I must say those are beautiful creations. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and now I must collect doilies!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah