Sunday, July 07, 2013

Relax

Hi everyone! I spent a moment last night doing housekeeping to ensure my laptop lives happily ever after, lol. I was quite panic when suddenly I heard a funny sound while using it. I was so worried if it 'crash'. I didn't think twice and headed to My Pictures to move many folders to separate hard disk and deleted a lot of folders at Picasa because I mainly use this program for editing. Minutes later, the cranky sound stop! Phew! Lesson learnt!

So, while going through folders to move and delete, I came across this layout I haven't blogged yet and would love to share with you. It was done in May during Let's Scrap NSD. This layout is about my youngest child Afza (2+ in 2010) waiting for ice-cream and the long wait made her sulky. 
  Supplies: MS border punch, Kaisercraft stamp and ink pad, Versa Fine ink pad, others from my stash

This "pick your menu" challenge is organized by DT Joyce. She listed out the menu and we pick what we want. I have chosen stuffed mushroom without knowing that is meant for oval shape which is not my cup of tea, lol. I think my handrawn oval isn't so bad after all but not sure if that picture is really oval, lol even though my eldest said it is. 

My main drink is lemonade so because I don't have exciting citrus patterned papers I used citrus card stock and stamp it up. My side dish is baked bean and butternut squash so there are eyelets and flower. My dessert is handwritten journal "oval-ing' the picture and the title Relax someone gave me.

Unfortunately I forgot to add in my entree that is spaghetti with marinara sauce (I forgot twine/thin ribbons...sigh...I just got excited I forgot so I knew instantly I was disqualified, lol. It was a fun challenge indeed and the best part is I have finally scrapped the photo I printed two years ago. Challenges is one good reason to scrap pictures and use up the stash. Do you agree?

Here are some close-ups:




I love her sulky look :) Afza will turn 5 next month, time flies!

I'll be glad if you visit me again tomorrow for Sunshine Mail Foundation Blog Hop which I am their Guest Designer. I also hope you will take part.

Until the morning after...have a nice day.
Hugs and smiles,

3 comments:

  1. A stunning layout. Loving the eyelets and the journaling around the precious subject.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Asmah...thanks for your visit to my blog, it was so nice to see your name pop up! Thanks for the lovely comment too! I hope you and the family are well! This is a super page of your daughter, great layering and love how you did that journalling around the photo! Super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah