Sunday, August 25, 2013

Faces ~ Scrap Around The World

Hi everyone! I just finished my layout an hour ago to enter this into Scrap Around The World  August Challenge 4 based on its sketch and mood board. Took me forever to decide which part of the board to design my page but I have to say I am very attractive to the cake...yummy! I have also stayed true to the sketch...I so love sketches.

This layout will go into my little daughter's album. Afza who just turns 5 on August 17, 2013 was 4 last August 23 {2012} when her aunt Lili snapped her sulking at my mother's backyard for unknown reason. She refused to smile for the camera like she always does. That's just her; loves to sulk and the more she does that the more we tease her, lol. This is a good capture to remind her of her attitude in the long run.

 Supplies: s.e.i patterned paper, Gesso, Kaisercraft wooden flourishes as my template, Basic Grey chipboard stickers, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist, sequins, watercolor and my trusty sewing machine
The cake is the main attraction in my layout design as well as the left hand picture at the top. 
 I have kilos of sequins from so many sewing projects and while using the Kaisercraft wooden flourish as my template to draw the tree, I thought the sequins would be perfect to fit in the drawing. I've never done it before. I think it looks cool, lol. I also end up doodling my playful messy page for a girl who loves my passion for art. 
 Handwritten journal is always so meaningful to me.
 Did take a while thinking the title so it fits the pictures. What say you?
I am so glad to finish this page within 2 hours after I checked the linky submission time at Scrap Around The World blog to make sure I'm on time, phew. Off I  go now to take this layout before the time ends. I am also entering this layout into these challenges:
1. Inspire Me Fridays : Anything Goes
2. Challenges 4 Everybody : Anything Goes
3. Craft Room : Something New (first time using sequins to create a picture)
4. QKR : Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by and I appreciate your support and comments. 

Hugs and smiles,

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. the title is just right. I love your sequin flourish. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely lovely. I didn't know those were sequins until I read the write-up. Very, very ingenious, indeed. Such a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Asmah and it did bring a smile to my face, "the sulky faces of you" is such a lovely title. Bless her though, she really is sweet. I love the colours and the handwriting is amazing!!! Such a beautiful creation.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout and such a lovely daughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing layout of the sketch. Love the use of the flourishes and your title is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page, thanks so much for joining in our challenge at SATW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant LO !!!!! just adore the sequins! and all the details, and the use of the sketch- inspired, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page, love the sequins and sewing.
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful layout with us at Craft-Room..even with her sulky face your daughter is so beautiful and her birthday is the same day as my dads (although he's 81!) I love your sequin tree..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous layout, and she is just gorgeous, smiling or not! I love your use of the sequins. Thanks for joining us at the CRC this fortnight.

    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah