Sunday, August 09, 2015

Zen Art Page @ STAMPlorations {Stencil Sunday}

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hi everyone! I'm back again with a new art project and part of my DT project for STAMPlorations Sunday Stencil. Today Kim and I have come out with two mixed media project. Take a look here for more information. 


 Usually I am a messy girl {when it comes to art, lol}. I always have texture on my designs but since I did a zentangle drawing, I decided to make the background clean and simple.
Supplies used: ARTplorations Chevron Crazy, Flutterby stencils and Artsy Border Maker stamp set, Alpha yellow acrylic paint and modeling paste, Kaisercraft word art die cut, Versafine black ink pad, Tattered Abgel glimmer mist, watercolors, Sharpie pen, black gel pen, sakura punch, drywall tape, sequins and gem 
 The zensensational zenspired me to zentangle my project this time. It took me three days to finish though. Would have been nice to do it in one sitting because it is somewhat therapeutic but there were other priorities to attend but nevertheless I was very pleased to finish it in the end. I wonder what my eldest daughter will say because she's very much into doodling. Well, what do you think?
I wanted the butterfly to flutter by near the zen flowers so I used gesso and stencil before I applied black watercolor to outline the flying creature and painted yellow.

You may wonder why I chose yellow and black? My color inspiration comes from Berry71bleu moodboard challenge. I must admit yellow is not my favorite color but I took up the challenge. I do like the end result. I think it looks bright and may even light up someone's day {smile}.

I'll be glad if could stop by at STAMPlorations for more ideas and inspirations.

Until I see you again. Thank you for dropping by and I truly appreciate your visit and comments.
Have a great weekend.

Hugs and smiles, 

12 comments:

  1. Wow...your zentangles are amazing, Asmah! Love how you used the Artsy Border Maker set and I adore the classic yellow, black and white color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo love the yellows Asmah! Very beautiful and detailed. I adore your zentangle, so wonderful. Thanks so much for a shout out on your post, so kind :)
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I definitely don't think this is anywhere close to being simple. :) The zentangles are super cool and I bet it was really relaxing to draw them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - way out of my comfort zone Asmah - high five to you for your great zentangle designs. Lovely project! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loving the black and yellow, Asmah. Those zentangle circles is wonderful.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow am in awe again of your creation Asmah, love it and want to also thank you for your lovely comments you have left me....xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just like Desire said, I love your black and yellow, too!! Perfect with Zentangle! I've been wanting to try this and I really like what you've done!
    I'm your newest follower from the Outlawz Challenges!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Very lovely project! Thank you for joining Berry71bleu this month, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...amazing Asmah and your zen art is fabulous! ;-) A beautiful piece of art! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fantastic project! Love the butterfly!!! Fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah