Sunday, September 03, 2017

Loving Life @ DS4J

{My DT work for DS4J}

Hello and welcome to my blog on this beautiful Sunday. It's the last day of school break and my children return to school tomorrow and this third semester will be a hectic for each of them having lot of revision to do for final exams some time in October. They keep me wrapped up on that matter for sure besides being their 'cab driver' all day round. I am always on the run five days a week juggling mostly between routine schedules and my desire in artwork. Nevertheless I always look forward to weekend when I can at least rest my feet against the wall while my eyes read magazines as I lay down for a short rest.

Enough mom's blab {smile}. Let me now take you to Digistamps4Joy new releases at the shop today. Meanwhile take a peek at DS4J blog to view some wonderful creations my team-B-mates have created using the new releases.

I made two projects and here's a set of ATCs using Mandala 5 drawn by Delyth. I hardly use vibrant colors in my creation so I must say this is happy bold colors I chose to brighten up the grey weather we are having the past month up to now due to constant rain without warning and not fast enough to save my laundry under the patio at times {lol} and also hopefully my bright ATCs will cheer your life this September.
 And here a few close up pictures:
I printed some mandalas on a piece of 130gsm acid free drawing paper and fussy cut to stick on the finished background.
The quotes are from internet.
You may spot lines of fiber in the background. It's actually a piece of fine lace I bought from haberdashery a while back.
Next up is an art journal using a colored digistamp named Springbok drawn by the artist, Lyndall herself, This is my first time using colored digistamp from DS4J ever since I joined the team four years ago. It's a record, lol. I have always preferred black and white digistamps that allow me more choices and flexibility in creating but however when Margy gave us the colored version, I knew it saved me time from coloring this beauty and just focus on the background.  
 Some close up pictures:
 I have two more pages left in the art journal book to finish up and created this one using combination of gesso and white watercolor paint to cover up the text in the pages. The pattern is made by using modeling paste through a stencil and let dry. Then I used two different blues and yellow watercolor paints to highlight the patterns by spritzing waters and let them run here and there until I feel satisfied. 
 The deer was carefully cut out with scissor so I won't cut off the legs, yes it's very delicate.
I wish to play along in these challenges:
1. Art Journal Journey : Color In My World
2. Crafty Girls Creations : Ch#39 Anything Goes
3. Crafty Animals : Ch#6 Anything Goes (Must Have Animals)
4. Love To Scrap : Ch#101 Anything Goes

And that's a wrap from me. I sincerely hope you find my creations interesting and may inspire you to make a project or two this week. While you are it, we hope you will join us in the monthly challenge this month. The theme is always Anything Goes and there's a twist if you wish to play along that is warm colors. Sounds great eh? See you at Mr. Linky before September 30.

Thank you for dropping by and have a great week.
Hugs and smiles,

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouful and detailed tags.
    Your art journal spread looks fabulous, a wonderful background for the lovely deer image.
    Thank you so much for adding your pages to Art Journal Journey, Colour in my world, theme.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are unique and your spread is fantastic ! So glad you are with us once again over at Art Journal Journey! Your participation is much appreciated!
    I know very good about this life of a homestaying mom. I have just one daughter and she is already nearly 17 but I have always to play taxi driver - even on the weekends since she loves to go out till late in the night/morning .....
    bad life for homestaying moms!
    We have to steal time for our hobby!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow your Tags are amazing, so colorsful and with great background textures. The stamped flowers give a nice contrast to it. Your journal pages with the amazing stamp look wonderful. I like how the color melts away and the nice deer too. Two great Art works.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute make. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah