Sunday, March 19, 2017

Brave to Fly @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hi there folks! It's my turn today to present you an inspirational art journal project for STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday feature. My fellow teammates created awesomeness with hope to kick start your mixed media projects right away. It may look complicated and at some point tedious and seems to be needing different tools to create but actually they don't. All you need is effort, creativity and with little basic art tools and stuff you can get around the house, you will come out with something you can really do it. Try it!

This is a second page art journal made in a mini-envelope-album. After stamping the butterflies, I figured the next pages will also be filled with butterflies. Yes, why not? I love butterflies and this art journal album will feature the beautiful creatures in different shapes, colors and sizes.
More close-up pictures:
 I used two ARTplorations stencils; Delicate Links and Crisscrossed to build up the texture with modeling paste.
 I stamped the butterfly directly on the background and filled it up with Faber Castell watercolor pencils.
 I always use watercolors to paint my background and for this project I decided to combine shades of green and black.
The sentiment is below is very motivational, don't you think?
I'm playing along in these challenges:
1. Mixed Media World : Anything Mixed Media Goes
2. Come and Get It : Anything Goes
3. Love To Create : #6 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

Let us all hope we are brave enough to fly and probably higher to achieve our goals.
Until I see you again real soon, have a pleasant Sunday and take care.
Thank you for dropping by my friends.

Hugs and smiles,

6 comments:

  1. Delightful texture and colors! I love your brightly designed butterfly against that gorgeous green background! Thank you for sharing your piece with us at Mixed Media World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! Thanks for your participation at Mixed Media World Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal my friend !! Thanks for joining Mixed Media World Challenge !! Best of luck !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously made Asmah, wow love it thank you for sharing with us, We Love To Create Challenge Blog, Terry DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page love textures and layer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page, it's beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love to Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah